Job Title: QC Technician
Department: Quality Department
Reports to: Director of Quality
Work Experience: 1+ years of relevant experience
The QC Technician I position at Jim Myers & Sons, Inc. (JMS) is a vital member of the Quality Team and is a diverse high paced position with the following primary responsibilities:
- Perform thorough examinations of incoming materials, in-process part inspections, machined parts, assemblies and finished products utilizing tape measures, micrometers, gauges, etc.
- Maintain JMS Material Test Report database which includes review, scanning, and digital filing of documents
- Inspection of parts and final products to confirm project requirements are maintained
- Confirm Sub-Vendor supplied products and materials meet purchase order requirements
- Interface with customer and 3rd party inspectors
- Maintain knowledge of ASME, AWS, ASM, and other industry standards
- Follow all JMS, Inc. policies and procedures
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Ability to use a tape measure and use construction math to complete inspections of
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and documents such as codes, standards, safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Familiarity with welded metal fabricated products including mild carbon steel and stainless steel
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Ability to work effectively & efficiently with team members on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a logical thought process
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Desire to learn and to continue developing knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of fabrication processes such as bending, punching, welding, etc…
- Experience with Codes of Construction AWS D1.6, D1.1, ASME Section IX
Desired Experience and Skills
- Previous qualification in ASNT SNT TC-1A, ASNT, or ACCP Level II in VT or LPT
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of combined visual/dimensional inspection and NDE experience
- Knowledge of ERP software: JMS utilizes Epicor.
- High School Diploma or GED