Job Title: Application Engineer
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Vice President of Bio-HANDLING
Positions Supervised: N/A
Education: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or other engineering/business field with equivalent experience
Work Experience: 2-5 or more years of relevant experience
Job Type: Full Time
The Application Engineer (AE) will provide inside sales and process support, design engineering, preparation of specifications, estimation, preparation of bid proposals/pre-qualifications and presentations to the Bio-HANDLING team, serving industrial and municipal customers. The AE will also partner closely with Bio-HANDLING product unit stakeholders to deliver successful projects of the Bio-HANDLING portfolio of products.
- Live and practice the JMS Way with all stakeholders.
- Support JMS sales managers with various process, design, specification, sales layout drawings, conveyor sizing and power calculations, estimation, proposal, and presentation requirements.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to continuously update the product portfolio toolbox (Competitive intelligence, Sales presentations, Specifications, Proposal templates, Design spreadsheets, etc.)
- Interdepartmental review of project opportunities to ensure conformance with JMS product and project standards.
- Cross functionally collaborate with all JMS teams to ensure customer satisfaction and successful delivery of Bio-HANDLING projects.
- Collaborate with 3rd party manufacturers’ representatives.
- Participate in the execution of territory sales strategies to ensure the growth and delivery of profitable projects.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to continuously update the product portfolio toolbox (Competitive intelligence, Case studies, Installation and reference lists, Marketing datasheets, etc.)
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all appropriate stakeholders.
- Support in the execution of marketing strategies to ensure a best-in-class product unit brand.
- Collaborate on the execution of product portfolio strategies to ensure the growth and delivery of profitable projects.
- Collaborate with installations to ensure customer satisfaction through the complete lifecycle of the product.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in municipal and wastewater treatment markets.
- Familiar with principles and practices of water and wastewater treatment.
- Represent JMS and conduct business in an ethical and professional manner always.
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated, with a driving desire for success.
- Independently performs professional work that typically requires interpreting and processing complex data.
- Strong communication proficiencies (360 degrees internal and external of JMS).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Can travel by car or air to customer sites, sales meetings, trade shows, regional training, or sales meetings nationally with the potential for up to 25% overnight travel.
- Proficiency in CAD drawing programs, SolidsWorks preferred, Autodesk Inventor or 2D CAD.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and CRM systems, etc.
Jim Myers & Sons, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer