Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Reports to: Manufacturing Engineer Supervisor
Work Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience
Shift: M-Th, 5:00 am – 3:30 pm with additional hours, including Fridays and Saturdays, as needed
FLSA Status: Full Time / Exempt
Qualified applicants can apply by sending cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com
The Manufacturing Engineer position is a vital member of the Manufacturing Team providing leadership, direction, technical support, and continuous improvement in the following capacities:
- Review project models and part drawings for manufacturability, fit, and function
- Work with Design to correct/improve drawings and reoccurring issues
- Technical support of equipment (programming, troubleshooting, maintenance, calling vendors for repair, etc.)
- Documentation of manufacturing processes
- Reducing error/scrap rate through documentation, training, visual aids, etc.
- through time studies, design reviews, etc.
- Technical support of Manufacturing (model/drawing/dimension analysis, fixturing, etc.)
- Improving throughput and reducing waste in Manufacturing processes and operations
- Training Manufacturing and Maintenance personnel on technical aspects of operations, as required
- Provide purchasing support for tooling, equipment, and technical needs
- Assist in optimizing floor layout, material handling processes and locations, and eliminate safety risks
- Support R&D initiatives, as needed
- Follow all JMS, Inc. policies, procedures, fundamentals
- Strong communication skills
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Positive, results driven mindset with high energy and ability to self-manage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as mechanical aptitude
- Continuous improvement background and mindset, six-sigma or lean manufacturing is a plus and highly desired, if applied in an engineered to order or job-shop environment
- Desire to learn and to continue developing knowledge and skills
- 3D design (SolidWorks and/or Inventor), auto-cad, modeling and design, and advanced computer skills
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of fabrication processes such as fabricating, forming, punching, welding, sheet metal, etc…
- Industrial Engineering, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering degree
- Experience with fabricating and moving large pieces of equipment with forklift
- Strong background in ERP, preferably Epicor, inventory, and job transactions
- Experience with automation of manufacturing processes; punching, forming, welding, laser, passivation, machining, etc.
Jim Myers & Sons, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Established in 1962, Jim Myers & Sons, Inc. (JMS) is recognized as a leading designer and manufacturer of water and wastewater treatment equipment and systems. The company attributes its continued success to the ability to incorporate equal parts innovation, quality and reliability into every component bearing the JMS name, maintaining its leadership position through one of the most comprehensive, solution-driven product offerings available. Its professional engineering staff makes concepts a reality by providing solutions to complex problems, utilizing the latest software for BIM-compliant mechanical and structural design with commercial and proprietary analysis programs.
JMS is headquartered in Charlotte, N.C. Its 72,000 sq. ft. facility is the site for all fabrication, manufacturing, machining, and testing. There, the JMS commitment to excellence and “The JMS Way”, a part of the company’s DNA, manifests itself every day with the promise to continue for generations to come.