JMS supplied Mega-FLOC (Horizontal Paddle Wheel Flocculator) in 2014 in the Sobrante and Upper San Leandro Water Plants in Oakland, CA. Since installation performance has been great, however bearing liner life has been limited. JMS has replaced the original Aluminum-Bronze liners with our new Poly-Texx HPVT (High Pressure Velocity Teflon) composite bearing liners.
- Excellent opportunity to compare the life cycle of traditional Alumnum-Bronze liners with the new JMS Poly-Texx liners
- Bearing liners experienced significant wear due to the large difference in hardness between the bearing liners and the 17-4PH shafts. Process water contained heavy sand and grit and did not provide adequate lubrication
- Initial results are excellent as predicted by Bearing Wear Measurements:
- Aluminum-Bronze wear at .020” per month
- Poly-Texx HPVT Liners wear rate at .0013” per month
- Data indicates a bearing life improvement of 15X
- Incoming Turbidity – < 5 NTU
- Source -Mokelumme River
- Plant Capacity – 45 and 55 mgd at two plants
- Flocculant – Alum
- Downstream Treatment – Filters
Established in 1962, Jim Myers & Sons, Inc. (JMS) is recognized as a leading designer and manufacturer of water and wastewater treatment equipment and systems. The company attributes its continued success to the ability to incorporate equal parts innovation, quality and reliability into every component bearing the JMS name, maintaining its leadership position through one of the most comprehensive, solution-driven product offerings available. Its professional engineering staff makes concepts a reality by providing solutions to complex problems, utilizing the latest software for BIM-compliant mechanical and structural design with commercial and proprietary analysis programs.
JMS is headquartered in Charlotte, N.C. Its 72,000 sq. ft. facility is the site for all fabrication, manufacturing, machining, and testing. There, the JMS commitment to excellence and “The JMS Way”, a part of the company’s DNA, manifests itself every day with the promise to continue for generations to come.