Job Title: Quality Engineer
Department: Quality Department
Reports to: Quality Director
Work Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience
The Quality Engineer position at Jim Myers & Sons, Inc. (JMS) is a vital member of the Quality Team and
is a diverse high paced position with the following primary responsibilities.
- Make sure that business development, engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing processes are performed correctly using the right tools, materials, and processes via internal audits.
- Serve as the JMS representative for certification audits for NSF 61 and NSF 372; Additionally support qualification activities of new vendors as part of JMS strategic sourcing efforts.
- Proactive review and improvement of JMS Quality Assurance Program and processes to ensure the maintenance of standards.
- Maintaining and creating accurate quality documentation including policy and procedures for the JMS Quality Assurance Program, Nonconformance reports, Corrective Actions, Inspection and Test plans, Nondestructive Examination procedures.
- Monitor, conduct, and issue internal audit results.
- Working closely with the business development team to support quotation efforts to identify differences JMS standard requirements and manufacturing staff to ensure quality protocols are followed and documentation is correctly maintained and implement any new changes or adaptations based on a quality review.
- Creation of Inspection and testing plans of various parts of manufactured and subcontracting vendors including products, components, and processes, and comparing against predefined standards
- Check that employees are trained to the proper quality standards and that safety requirements are met throughout the production process.
- Analyzing problems reported and developing improvements to overcome them via RCA, 5 Why’s, fish-bone diagrams, as examples.
- Statistical analysis of data and creation of reports for senior staff members.
- Working closely with external partners e.g. suppliers, customers, contractors, consulting engineers, and owners
- Continuous improvement in the manufacturing, Engineering, RFQ (Bid and Procurement activities) and Warranty processes.
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, and interpersonal. Ability to read and interpret drawings and documents such as codes, standards, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Familiarity with metal fabricated products manufactured from steel, stainless steels, and Aluminum
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as logical thought process
- Desire to learn and to continue developing knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of fabrication processes such as bending, punching, welding, manual & CNC Machining.
- Experience with Codes of Construction AWS D1.6, D1.1, ASME Section IX, etc.
- Previous qualification in ASNT SNT TC-1A, ASNT, or ACCP Level II in VT or LPT
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of combined visual/dimensional inspection and NDE experience
- Familiarity with ERP Software and its application
- Experience conducting and supporting audits both internal and external on vendors and subcontractors.
- Possess ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- ISO 9001 Auditor Training and/or certification
- Familiarity with SQL Databases and analysis via Power Apps, Power BI
- Familiarity the Epicor ERP Software
- AWS ACWI or CWI
- Previous of Current NDT Experience (VT, MT, PT, UT, RT Examination)
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Etc.)
- 2+ Years experience as a Quality Engineer, Internal Auditor
- 5+ Years of relevant Experience
Jim Myers & Sons, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer