Job Title: Technical Sales Engineer
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Director of Bio-HANDLING
Positions Supervised: N/A
Education: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or other engineering/business field with equivalent experience
Work Experience: 2-5 or more years of relevant experience
Job Type: Full Time
The Technical Sales Engineer will provide inside sales and process support, design engineering, preparation of specifications, estimation, preparation of bid proposals/pre-qualifications and presentations to the Bio-HANDLING team, serving industrial and municipal customers. The Technical Sales Engineer will also partner closely with Bio-HANDLING product unit stakeholders to deliver successful projects of the Bio-HANDLING portfolio of products.
- Support JMS sales managers with various process, design, specification, drawing, estimation, proposal, and presentation requirements.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to continuously update the product portfolio toolbox (Competitive intelligence, Sales presentations, Specifications, Proposal templates, Design spreadsheets, etc.)
- Interdepartmental review of project opportunities to ensure conformance with JMS product and project standards.
- Cross functionally collaborate with all JMS teams to ensure customer satisfaction and successful delivery of Bio-HANDLING projects.
- Collaborate with 3rd party manufacturers’ representatives.
- Participate in the execution of territory sales strategies to ensure the growth and delivery of profitable projects.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to continuously update the product portfolio toolbox (Competitive intelligence, Case studies, Installation and reference lists, Marketing datasheets, etc.)
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all appropriate stakeholders.
- Support in the execution of marketing strategies to ensure a best-in-class product unit brand.
Product Management Support
- Collaborate on the execution of product portfolio projects and strategies to ensure the growth and delivery of profitable projects.
- Collaborate with installations to ensure customer satisfaction through the complete lifecycle of the product.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in municipal and wastewater treatment markets.
- Familiar with principles and practices of water and wastewater treatment.
- Represent JMS and conduct business in an ethical and professional manner always.
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated, with a driving desire for success.
- Independently performs professional work that typically requires interpreting and processing complex data.
- Strong communication proficiencies (360 degrees internal and external of JMS).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Can travel by car or air to customer sites, sales meetings, trade shows, regional training, or sales meetings nationally with the potential for up to 25% overnight travel.
- Proficiency in Solid modeling software and CAD systems is preferred
- Understanding of blueprint drawings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and CRM systems, etc.
Jim Myers & Sons, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Established in 1962, Jim Myers & Sons, Inc. (JMS) is recognized as a leading designer and manufacturer of water and wastewater treatment equipment and systems. The company attributes its continued success to the ability to incorporate equal parts innovation, quality and reliability into every component bearing the JMS name, maintaining its leadership position through one of the most comprehensive, solution-driven product offerings available. Its professional engineering staff makes concepts a reality by providing solutions to complex problems, utilizing the latest software for BIM-compliant mechanical and structural design with commercial and proprietary analysis programs.
JMS is headquartered in Charlotte, N.C. Its 72,000 sq. ft. facility is the site for all fabrication, manufacturing, machining, and testing. There, the JMS commitment to excellence and “The JMS Way”, a part of the company’s DNA, manifests itself every day with the promise to continue for generations to come.